London to Paris 24 is the ultimate endurance cycle challenge for charity. The concept is simple – cover just over 280 miles by bike from London to Paris in under 24 hours! It’s not a race, rather an extreme sportive with riders setting off at midday from London, pedalling through the day and into the night in fully supported pelotons attempting to reach the French capital before lunch the following day.
The route is broken down into manageable stages of approximately 35 - 40 miles with manned transition stops at the end of each leg where riders take on food and water supplied by a specialist catering team to fuel them through the challenge. Riders can attempt the full distance or opt to ride relay style with a cycling partner - a more detailed route description and outline timings can be found here.
L2P24 is supported by an extensive crew of pace riders, professional bike mechanics, medics, caterers, drivers, and logisiticians - ensuring your bid to reach Paris in under 24 hours remains on schedule.
- online rider resource via participants area and fundraising support
- invite to rider briefing day
- fully signed route, rider maps, GPS downloads,
- professional bike mechanics, pace riders, medics, drivers
- all food on event including hot meals en-route
- celebratory dinner Paris
- bike transportation (en-route + return of cycles to UK)
- full vehicle support - including quick response med-mech vehicles
- event timing system for all cyclists
- Ferry crossing Dover-Calais
- Hotel accommodation in Paris (twin-share)
- Return Eurostar to the UK
JOINING THE RIDE
Riders join London to Paris 24 as an individual and attempt the full distance or as part of a 2-man team and share the training, the miles and the glory. Registration is online requiring payment of the registration fee and commitment to a rider fundraising target.
- all riders nominate intended cycling format - relay or attempting the full distance
- riders are invited to update preference (relay or full distance) 2 months prior to the ride
- teams of two can "pool" fundraising targets
- VIP Packages available for teams of 10 or more
Registration Fee £99 per rider
Fundraising Target £1200 per rider
To find out more about how to join London to Paris 24 as a team or an individual rider please visit the "How to Join" section of this website or click here.
All riders receieve an automated welcome email which contains logins to the website Participant Area where pre-joining advice, training guidelines, equipment list, and a host of other useful information can be found. This area opens on 1 November 2012 and is regularly updated. Scope will provide fundraising support and will be in touch regularly with electronic newsletters and updates. A departure pack will be issued in June 2013 containing the final joining instructions for the challenge.
To view our multi-media gallery and from London 2 Paris 24 click here
"Good to ride with such a great bunch of people. It's going to be hard to find a comparable event now the standards have been set so high"
Andrew, L2P24 rider